Welcome to ESP Wiki! ESP Wiki was launched in February 2009 by End Software Patents as the main global source for campaigning against software patents. After a period of inactivity, it was relaunched in September 2021. Ciarán O'Riordan was the main admin and core contributor of the wiki. Panos Alevropoulos is the current admin.
Here you will find information related to ESP Wiki. Starting in September 2021, major changes will be documented here in an irregular fashion. You can also consult our roadmap, which is a brief list of ideas we are willing to implement to ESP Wiki in the future.
Note that this page concerns solely ESP Wiki. For updates related to ESP in general, check our blog.
Completed items are moved to project updates.
- Create templates that indicate what kind of help is needed in each article
- Form a robust community that is divided into distinct teams for contributing and monitoring information on the wiki
- Update the content of all wiki pages, using reliable sources and the wiki's style guide
- Catalog major software patents using MediaWiki forms
- Allow multiple languages; pages in languages other than English will have to be reorganized
- The wiki was completely redesigned with a new logo, theme, icons, and domain name
- All wiki content is now categorized in four top level categories: General introduction, Campaign material, Opinions, and Legal information
- The main page now has a simple interface with intuitive icons
- Many technical changes under the hood that assure a modern web experience