Novell-Microsoft patent deals
Starting in 2006, Novell and Microsoft have made a series of patent deals. These deals were very controversial because they were the first such deals between a software company that uses patents aggressively and a company with strong ties to free software.
Through these deals, Novell helped Microsoft's FUD campaign against GNU/Linux.
(The list of companies that subsequently made similar deals is at Software distributors paying Microsoft patent tax)
Related pages on ESP Wiki
- Free software distributors paying patent tax
- Patent non-aggression pacts
- Patent trolls
- Campaigns to avoid patented ideas
- How Many SUSE Subscriptions Can You Get For $240M?, February 2010
- The Boycott Novell news site, set up in reaction to the 2006 deal
- Community Commitments - Microsoft & Novell Interoperability Collaboration
- Microsoft & Novell Interoperability Collaboration