ESP Wiki is looking for moderators and active contributors!
Patent owners against software patents
Many software patent owners regret that they had to put resources into acquiring those patents.
Patents thus form a tax on software development.
Red Hat is an example of a company that owns patent and calls for abolition.
Related pages on ESP Wiki
- Why companies apply for software patents
- Defensive patent acquisition
- Statements from developers
- Statements from managers and analysts
- Statements from venture capitalists
- My Dumb Software Patents, by venture capitalist Todd Vernon
- Why We Need To Abolish Software Patents, Vivek Wadhwa (patent owner), discusses the Berkeley survey