ESP Wiki is looking for moderators and active contributors!
Public Patent Foundation
Public Patent Foundation (PubPat) has challenged the validity of various patents, including certain software patents.
Software is not PubPat's main focus, but they have submitted amicus briefs the the US Supreme Court on the following cases related to software:
- KSR v. Teleflex (2007, USA): PUBPAT_KSR_SCt_Brief.pdf (press release)
- EBay v. MercExchange (2006, USA): PUBPAT_eBay_SCt_Brief.pdf
- LabCorp v. Metabolite: PUBPAT_LabCorp_SCt_Brief.pdf (press release)
(They have also filed amicus briefs for CAFC cases but none seem directly software related.)
Related pages on ESP Wiki
- Dan Ravicher - Executive Director
- Eben Moglen - Director
Software patents challenged by PubPat
- Challenging Forgent's JPEG patent (See: Jpeg)
- Challenging EpicRealm's website patent (See: Webpage and e-commerce patents)
- Challenging Microsoft's FAT filesystem patent (See: Microsoft's FAT patents)