Analyses of the patentability of specific ideas
Examples are very important for testing legal wordings. If you want to propose a test that should exclude software from patentability, you need to check it against at least these examples:
- Anti-lock braking example - software-implemented or software controlled?
- mp3 audio example - are audio signals "applied natural science"?
- digital camera image processing example - if a photographer could do it them self, is it software?
- Cabinet for the blind - does it matter if the reading cabinet contains hardware, software, or a human?
- Is resource usage technical? - if it makes computer hardware use less resources?
Related pages on ESP Wiki
- Pen and paper patents
- CSIRO wifi patent - a hardware or a software patent? forum
- Example software patents - reading software patents might give ideas for how to spot others
- Computer simulations and representations
If someone finds it worthwhile, wiki pages might be written about some of the analyses linked below. So if something disappears, take a look in the category.