Software patents produce legal uncertainty
Software patents are a source of legal uncertainty. Any way to abolish a portion of software patents will help reduce legal uncertainty.
Do imperfect solutions increase uncertainty?
The scope of patentability is currently uncertain, and software patents are a source of legal uncertainty, so any change that goes in the direction reducing or abolishing software patents will reduce uncertainty.
Related pages on ESP Wiki
- Slow process creates uncertainty
- Statistics, categorising, and counting patents
- All businesses are targets
- Software is too abstract, software patent quality is terrible
- The disclosure is useless
- Infringement is unavoidable